What to pack for a long day hike in Tahoe tomorrow… a light daypack with a bladder for easy drinking, a sun hat, sunscreen, and SNACKS! I came across a recipe for homemade granola bars on So Good & Tasty and was immediately drawn to try them. I had all of the ingredients in the pantry and ten minutes later, they were baking in the oven.
These are incredible! Not too sweet and not too peanut buttery. You can hardly taste the banana yet I think it’s crucial for the texture. I’ll be making these again and again and again for many hikes and backpacks to come this summer. Yum!
Granola Bars (adapted from So Good & Tasty)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup all natural nut butter (I used crunchy peanut)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1/8 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (I used cherries)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shaved coconut